Air conditioning is an expensive necessity in Cayman and can have the biggest impact on your electricity bill.
With the help of one of Cayman's reputable air conditioning contractors you can effectively manage costs and keep your air conditioning system running efficiently.
Air Conditioning Contractors
Considering the potential costly fall-out for an incorrectly installed or ill-suited air conditioning unit, it is a good idea to seek the help of an expert. Cayman's skilled air conditioning contractors can assist with all your air conditioning needs, from installation through to regular maintenance. Some risks of an incorrectly installed air conditioning unit include strange noises, increased energy costs, poor airflow and air-quality and slow reponses.
A professional air conditioning contractor will help you avoid the aforementioned issues AND have the answer to your questions on size, budget, ductwork and energy-efficieny when choosing the right air conditioning system. After installation, they can provide regular maintenance to ensure everything is running smoothly and any issues are rectified before they become the reason for a big bill.
Ultimately, turning to a professional for your air conditioning needs means you have the peace of mind that you are receiving expert advice.
Although the cost of quarterly maintenance is often similar, some companies will include the cost of new filters, whereas others won’t, so its a good idea to enquire beforehand.
Below are a few reputable local contractors who can advise, install, maintain and repair A/C systems:
Air Conditioning Tips
Cayman's year-round hot climate means air conditioning is a necessity, however there are some ways to manage and reduce costs:
- Always consult an expert
- Close windows and curtains during the day
- Keeping the temperature at the highest setting you feel comfortable
- Use an overhead fan, especially during the winter months when a fan may be all you need in the mornings and evenings
- Keep air filters clean so your home remains well insulated
- Ensure you have your air conditioning unit regularly maintained by a professional company to maximise its efficiency
- When choosing an air conditioning system (presuming you are getting a new one) make sure the system has a high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER), which can make a big difference to your energy consumption. For more tips on living green in cayman, see our Being Green pages
- Install a programmable thermostat that adjusts temperatures during off-peak hours
- Choose a system that is suitable for the area you are seeking to keep cool, as certain systems are either too large or not adequate enough for the space you want to cool. One of the experienced and licensed professionals listed above can assist in determining this.